MNM-B189 (MICROOVEN COOKING)
BEEF AND BEAN POTS
1 small Onion
25 g /1 oz Butter
10 ml / 2 level tsp plain Flour
1 Vegetable Stock cube
150 ml / ¼ pt Milk
10 ml / 2 tsp Lemon juice
200g can corned Beef
439g can Butter Beans
1 packet Crisps
Method *(Refer oven manual)
1.Peel and finely chop the onion and butter into a medium casserole.Cook for 2 minutes.
Stir in the flour and crumble in the stock Cube.
2. Gradually stir in the milk.Cook for 2*minutes, stirring once, until the sauce thickens and boils.
Stir in the lemon juice and season with pepper to taste.
3. Dice the corned beef. Tip the beans into a sieve, rinse under cold water and drain well.
4. Stir into the sauce with the corned beef.Spoon into the individual dishes.
5. Heat on 70% for 3(2½)* minutes, stirring gently once.Serve topped with crumbled crisps.
MACARONI N CHEESE
175 g / 6 oz Macaroni
25 g / 1 oz Butter
300 ml / ½ pt Milk
25 g / 1 oz plain Flour
Pinch of dry Mustard
Salt and Pepper
25 g / 1 oz crisp Crumbs
75 g / 3 oz grated cheddar Cheese
*(Ref. oven manual)
1. Cook the macaroni, cover and leave to stand.
2. Put the butter and milk in a medium bowl. Heat for 2(1 ½) minutes. Add the
flour and mustard and whisk well.Cook for 2(1½ ) minutes, whisking once, until the sauce boils
and add the cheese, stirring until it has melted.
3. Thoroughly drain the macaroni and tip into a shallow casserole. Stir in the cheese sauce and
sprinkle crisp crumbs over the top.
4. Cook on 70% for 5(4)*minutes.
Make the sauce with low-fat spread ,milk and cheese.
MNM-A303 (MICROOVEN COOKING)
1 small Onion
1 Garlic cloves
1 medium Carrot
5 ml / 1 tsp Oil
25 g / 1 oz sage and Onion stuffing mix
225 g / 8 oz lean minced Beef, Pork, Lamb or turkey
30 ml / 2 tbsp Tomato puree, Salt and Pepper
*(Refer oven manual)
1. Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic. Finely grate the garlic.
2. Put the oil, garlic, onion and carrot into a medium bowl and cook for 4(3)* minutes until very
3. Add the stuffing mix and mince. Beat together the egg, tomato puree and seasoning and add.
Using a fork,blend the mixture until thoroughly mixed. Lightly pack the mixture into two tea cups
or small bowls.
4. Cook on 70% for 10(8)* minutes, rearranging them half way through cooking.
5. Leave to stand for 3 minutes before turning out on to warmed plates.
Serve with tomato ketch up, chunky tomato sauce or fresh tomato salsa.
MICROOVEN COOKING) - MNM-P080
TERRINE DE PORK
1-kg Pork cut into 2.5-cm cubes
125 gms Pork fat cut into 2.5 cubes
1 Egg, lightly beaten
10 ml mixed Herbs
12.5 ml chopped Parsley
1 Onion, finely chopped
5 ml Onion Salt, freshly ground Black Pepper
6 Rashers Bacon, rind removed
Method (* Refer Oven manual)
1.Feed pork and fat gradually into a food processor until finely minced.
2.Combine meat with egg, herbs, parsley, onion, onion salt and pepper.
3.Line a 2- litre rectangular dish with bacon rashers.
4.Firmly pack meat into bacon lined dish and fold bacon ends over top of meat.
5.Cook on MEDIUM for 30 to 25* minutes in the microwave.
6.Stand to cool with a heavy weight on top. Serve cold, sliced with bread or salad.
Tip : For garnish, bay leaves may be placed under the bacon before cooking.