Foods For Babies And Kids
2 medium-size potatoes
100 ml baby's formula
1 slice cheddar cheese
4 spinach leaves, scalded and chopped
1/2 egg, beaten
1. Boil potatoes till soft. Remove skin and mash with a fork.
2. Add milk and grated cheese, mixing well till the potatoes
mixture is thick and creamy.
3. Add in chopped spinach.
4. Scoop a dessertspoon of the mashed potato mixture and and shape into patty.
Use the end of a chopstick to help shape the pattie into a flower.
5. Careful glaze the top of each potato whirl with the beaten egg.
Place potato whirls onto a baking tray lined with grease-proof
paper and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 280F or 140C till tips of
the whirls turn golden brown.
6. Cool well before feeding baby. You may want to make up another
50 ml of baby's formula to spoon over the potato whirls as you feed baby.
Veg Twists in Clear vegetable soup
30 g Veg Twists ( macaroni, spaghetti, etc )
1/6 carrot, finely sliced and cut into short strips a 5-cm slice
celery, finely sliced
1/4 onion, chopped
200 ml chicken stock
1/2 tsp margarine
1. Boil Veg Twists in a small saucepan with 300 ml water and
margarine. Drain and run under a tap. Leave Veg Twists aside.
2. Put chicken stock in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
Add onion, carrots and celery and simmer for about 15 minutes
on low heat till carrots and celery are very soft.
3. Snip Veg Twists into small pieces, or if baby is very young, pass
Veg Twists through a food grinder.
Pour soup over the Veg Twists when baby is ready to eat.